2019’s Guide – These Top Rated Hair Dryers Are Preferred By Hair Stylists
The best hair SECRETS are no longer exclusive to the rich and famous. Find out the inside scoop on Hollywood salon style blowouts.
If you’ve been wasting time sweating in front of your bathroom mirror, holding a garbling blow dryer with shaky arms and a wet mop of steaming hair, then we are here to help you.
Blow dryers aren’t just a means of drying hair: they are style tools sent from the hair gods to smooth out frizz, heal split ends and let you style your hair no matter what type of texture you’ve got.
With the power of a quality blow dryer at your command, you don’t have to slick down unruly strands with greasy serums or shove an unmanageable mane into a ponytail. In a matter of minutes, you can transform yourself from being a frustrated hair hostage to a Grecian goddess floating down the street with glossy, tumbling waves.
In fact, salon-quality dryers you can now use at home have been proven to actually make your hair healthier and easier to style in the long run.
But many people can’t stomach the idea of spending over $50 on a blow dryer. They think, “What’s the difference between $30 hot air vs. $100 hot air?” And the answer to that is: everything.
You see, although hot air might be the only thing you physically see coming into contact with your precious hair strands, there’s a whole layer of unseen tech lurking within the body of the dryer. It is this internal technology that truly makes a difference for both making your hair healthier and making it easier than ever for you to create extraordinary, stunning styles.
Here’s What Happened When We Put Top Blow Dryers To The Test
We are here to shine the light on these holy grails of hair because as soon as you try one for yourself to see how fast and easy it is for these tools to make you look amazing day after day, you’ll wonder why you waited so long to get one in the first place.
When considering the results of our research below, it’s important to remember that lesser quality devices simply don’t last as long and you end up spending just as much on replacements as you would a blow dryer that gets you gorgeous results. Below we’ve added our top choices based off of primary first-account results, customer reviews, and other significant criteria.
Our Top Choice
SRI Salon Dry Pro
Overall Rating: Excellent
Developed with safe and effective Negative Ion Technology, its Ceramic-Tourmaline Air Composition and Cool Shot Setting will give you shine and improve hair health.
Our number # 1 Top Pick: SRI Salon Dry Pro
The SRI Salon Dry Pro blow dryer achieves the perfect balance of affordability and professional-quality. Both expert stylists and amateurs loved how the high-powered infrared heat technology speed-dried wet hair into soft silky sections that stayed smooth and didn’t frizz up.
The advanced infrared heating also kept this blow dryer’s air flow super gentle and more consistent – it practically styles your hair for you while you dry it.
The SRI Salon Dry Pro did the job of a $300 device at less than a third of the price, and if you haven’t checked it out yet, you can sign up for their First Time Customer Discount and get it at an even lower rate.
We definitely recommend it.
- Wide range of temperature settings achieved stunning styles for numerous hair types
- Cool shot setting sealed the cuticle for a glossy smooth finish
- Ceramic-tourmaline air outlet evenly distributed heat leaving hair healthier than ever before
- 9ft cord made it easy-to-maneuver and the convenient hook was great for storage in small quarters
- Had three attachments that made styling for specific textures easier than any other product we tried
- Only available online
- Frequently on backorder
Our #2 Pick: Dyson Supersonic
Overall Rating: Good
The Supersonic Dyson Hair Dryer has a super-quiet motor that’s located in the handle instead of the head, giving it a more lightweight feel, and its patented Air Multiplier technology. It also measures the air temperature 20 times every second.
If you’ve never heard of the Dyson Supersonic, you must be blow-drying your hair under a rock. It’s basically the Beats Headphones, Voss Water, and Louis Vuitton of the blow-dryer industry. Very cool to look at, hold in your hand, and show your status in the bathroom. But how does that status translate out the streets for your red carpet Friday night?
The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is hands down one of the BEST there is on the market. The problem is it’s also hands down one of the MOST expensive on the market too. Sometimes splurging for brand names and cool aesthetics… is cool. Especially when you consider the intelligent heat technology from the head of the dryer and the powerful digital motor in its colorful handle.
However, it does carry a ‘novelty’ feel to it that makes you question whether it’s worth the price tag. Without infrared technology, it doesn’t appear noticeably faster at drying hair. Also, its air intake is in the handle, which forces you to hold it higher up and strain your arms.
- Sleeve, aerodynamic design comes in lots of stylish, fun colors
- Engineered to protect your hair against heat damage for smooth, shiny styling
- Intelligent heat technology available at most luxury stores like Nordstroms, Sephora, Ulta
- PRICEY. On average, this product is at least $100-$150 MORE expensive than its competition
- Air intake through the handle means tired arms and fatigue when you’re trying to get that perfect finish
- No infrared technology means speed may not be noticeably quicker than its competition
Our #3 Pick: Harry Josh Pro Tools
Overall Rating: Good
The motor is designed for faster operation so that hair is dried faster with lower noise levels from the dryer and made in France
Another extremely lightweight design that comes in a very pretty and unique mint green color. We noticed a lot of customer reviews praised it’s speed and efficiency that saved them time, but many were unable to figure out the heat settings.
The Harry Josh Pro Dry is one of the more expensive products since it comes from a professional brand used by supermodels and actors. The high price point was off putting, especially when you will receive very similar results with products like the SRI Dry Pro at half the price.
It was also hard to discern which was a real Harry Josh product as there are many duplicates and imitation products flooding the market.
- Lightweight design comes in a very popular mint green color
- Multiple speed and heat settings for wide range of hair types and styles
- Customer reviews praised it’s speed and efficiency that saved them time
- The motor seemed to stop running after a mere three months of use
- The high price point, especially when other sites were selling very similar products for half the price
- It was hard to discern which was a real Harry Josh product there are many duplicates and imitation products flooding the market.