Did you know that there are bare alternatives for every beauty product you own? From shampoo to hair dye, there is a natural or organic alternative available. With a ban on micro-beads, the beauty world is drastically changing.
Eco-friendly beauty products are taking over. We’re all moving toward an effort that lifts the lids of unnatural products and replaces them with eco-friendly alternatives.
It’s time to ditch our goo-hoarding, plastic ware, and toxic chemical-filled past for a future full of natural, biodegradable products. You can look good and save the planet, one beauty product at a time:
Lush Shampoo Bars
Small bar, big potential
Starting at around $11, Lush offers a green alternative to medium-sized shampoo bottles. The days of hoarding empty plastic bottles in your shower are gone. Lush offers a specialized handmade shampoo bar that can last up to 80 washes!
A study by Johnson and Johnson shows that on a yearly average, 552 million plastic bottles wind up in U.S. landfills every year. Thanks to Lush’s new product, you don’t have to contribute to that statistic this year!
“One of these little bars is actually the equivalent of three medium-sized bottles,” says Meghan Campbell of Lush in an ATTN: interview. Not only does this product offer longevity, but it’s also the perfect size. Also, Lush does not test on animals.
They also make their product out of natural ingredients like Cinnamon Leaf Oil and Clove Bud Oil, making their shampoo bars an ethical and healthier choice for your scalp.
- Natural products
- No plastic ware necessary = easier to store/travel with
- Some reviewers complained that it smells bad
- Reviewers made mention of the product being greasy
- Consumers noticed it might be harsh on certain hair types
100% Pure Coffee Bean Café Cream
Anti-inflammatory, caffeine rich green tea and coffee de-puffs while increasing circulation to brighten dark circles.
Nobody likes having puffy eyes, especially in the morning. If you’re looking for an eco-friendly alternative to other non-organic brands, 100% Pure’s Coffee Bean Café Cream stems from organic farming and is said to revitalize the skin. With ingredients like rosehip oil, how can you not look more youthful?
- Organic product
- Reviews mentioned it was moisturizing and effective
- Available on Amazon
- The price can be high at $26 but is $2 cheaper on Amazon.com
- Some reviewers said that the product didn’t work on extremely dark circles
- Might irritate certain skin types
Thesis Beauty Exotic Patchouli Shower Gel
This body wash also contains vitamin-rich organic hemp oil to condition and soothe thirsty skin. Specially formulated for the the ones who appreciate exotic, sensual Patchouli aromatherapy.
Initially founded by vegetarians, Thesis Beauty offers products with clear endeavors. With certified organic ingredients, Exotic Patchouli Shower Gel poses nothing but benefits for the skin. Throw in an affordable price tag with natural ingredients like organic aloe vera, and you’ve got a winner for showers.
- Organic ingredients
- Gentle on naturally dry skin
- Reviewers mentioned a pleasant smell
- Some customers complained that the product didn’t lather properly
- Might have a residue-like feel on the skin
- Reviewers mentioned it didn’t smell like Patchouli
Antonym Skin Esteem Organic Liquid Foundation
A luxurious, long lasting organic foundation that blends with your skin and leaves it with a delicate satin sheen and smooth, velvety look.
Antonym created a long-lasting organic foundation, Skin Esteem, with smooth coverage. If you’re looking for a product that offers restorative formulas and an almost skin-like veil over your skin, then this is the perfect concoction. Not to mention, this is a vegan formula that uses both shea butter and sunflower oil to soften your skin’s texture.
- Certified organic ingredients
- Offers a matte finish
- Soy, gluten, and cruelty-free product
- The price is high for a foundation, at $52.00
- Some customers mentioned that it didn’t offer enough coverage
- Reviewers complained about the packaging
RMS Beauty Lip2Cheek Demure
Our lip2cheek is a unique formula that combines hydration and protection with abundant mineral color for a beautiful, natural finish on both lips and cheeks.
RMS Beauty offers a lip balm for the ages, Lip2Cheek in a 0.15 oz package. Anyone looking to enjoy vibrant and youthful looks can benefit from this product. Aside from the attractive mineral colors and nourishing formula, the product is also packaged with recyclable aluminum lids.
- Reviewers loved the smooth finish
- Lightly conceals blemishes
- Free of toxic chemicals
- Reviewers were disappointed in the size of the product
- Some customers mentioned that it showcased flaws on the lips, instead of concealing them
- Reviewers mentioned heavy feeling on the cheeks