Finally, A Flat Iron That Gets You That Silky, Straight Hair You’ve Always Wanted… Without the Damage
Hairstylists pick the Best Flat Irons of 2019 that are actually worth your money
I’ll admit it– I was in an unhealthy relationship with my ex-flat iron for years. I knew the direct heat wasn’t good for my hair, but couldn’t resist the temptation of those sleek straight locks. I wondered, “Could there be a flat iron out there that will cause less damage and stop breaking my heart… I mean my HAIR?”
Turns out, there is!
After my third cheap straightener broke within the same year, I decided it was time to look into higher quality straighteners and I learned something I wish someone would have told me years ago: Straightening your hair does NOT have to result in damaged hair! You just need to know what to look for in a flat iron and find a brand that you trust.
Many expensive flat irons are advertised as high quality, but they’re actually made of cheap materials that lead to frizz, split ends, and dullness.
The age old saying, “It’s what’s on the inside that counts,” goes for your hair too!
Deep inside each strand is the cortex, which is responsible for hair’s strength and texture, so it’s essential that you protect it at all costs (and a cheap straightener definitely will not). Thankfully, with modern technology, it is possible to find a flat iron that can, not only protect the cortex of your hair, but actually strengthen it!
My Beauty Experts and I researched, dissected, and tested hundreds of straighteners to determine our favorite features of each, then went out into the market to handpick the creme de la creme. From tourmaline and titanium plates covered in ceramic to ionic technology– even to the most recent development of red light therapy– there are high-quality straighteners out there at affordable prices that can get your hair salon-sleek, while making it stronger and shinier than it was before.
SEE THE #1 TOP-RATED CHOICE
So ladies– don’t settle for a hair straightener that’s not good enough for you! Sure, there are plenty of flat irons in the sea, but we are here to help you pick… THE ONE.
The one that will get you that healthy, shiny, straight hair you deserve. The one that makes you feel beautiful, not guilty, every single day!
If you want to love your hair, you need to use hair tools that will help it, not hurt it! So before committing to your next flat iron, make sure you look for the SEVEN THINGS we recommend below.
How to Shop for The Best Hair Straightener
To simplify the shopping process, we’ve compiled a list of the best hair straighteners released in 2019 that are 1) Made of the gentlest, safest materials for hair, 2) Equipped with the most powerful heat up technology and 3) Use modern technology that can help improve hair health. The best part is, these are lesser-known products that remain under the mainstream’s radar so you don’t have to dish out $200 for a tool spawned from a big brand name. These prices are reasonable and you’ll get even better results than a pricey flat iron.
To Summarize our criteria, we looked for:
- Infrared Heating Technology – One of the most exciting recent developments in hair straightening technology is infrared heating technology, which gently heats hair from within rather than without. This ensures that hair retains its moisture and a healthy shine, without heat damage, frizz, or split ends.
- Fast, Powerful Heat Up With Multiple Settings – A straightener really shouldn’t take more than 45 seconds to heat up, and you should be able to get silky smooth hair sections with just one pass. It’s also important to have a flat iron with range of heating options– from lower temperature settings for fine, thin, or damaged hair, all the way up to high heat for thick or curly hair.
- Ceramic Plate Composition – High-quality plates made of ceramic material eliminate the risk of burning your strands. The even distribution of heat through these high-quality materials has proven to smooth those stubborn spots and ensure you won’t need to go over the same section of hair more than once to achieve silky, smooth sections. However, full ceramic plates sometimes take forever to heat up, meaning sometimes ceramic-coated plates provide the best of both worlds– fast heat-up and safe, healthy straightening.
- Negative Ion Technology – Negative ions neutralize static and allow more moisture to get into the cuticles of your hair. This helps reduce unwanted frizz and split ends, which will make your hairstyle last longer.
- Lightweight and Easy to Use – Lightweight flat irons travel better and don’t leave you with sore arms while you struggle to straighten. You’re not at the gym, afterall.
- Value – Rather than dish out a hefty chunk of cash on a flat iron, you can easily find a straightener that does an amazing job without a cringe-worthy price tag. Most of our top picks fall near the $100 mark, so you don’t have to feel guilty about taking the plunge on a professional-quality straightener.
- Durability and Warranty – The last thing you want is to fall in love with an amazing straightener only to have it break in 3 months. When choosing a flat iron, make sure that the company offers extensive warranties, uses sturdy materials with a durable design AND offers a money back guarantee.
Whether you’re straightening your hair post blowdry, or just freshening up on a no-wash day, these flat irons will get you the best results with the least amount of damage– to your hair and your wallet.
Our Top Choice
SRI Xtreme Health Straightener
1.0 inch ceramic-coated plates Professional Infrared Hair Straightener
Our #1 Choice, Without a Doubt!
As soon as we got our eyes on the SRI Xtreme Health, it stood out from the crowd. Its design and feel are luxurious, its floating plates work wonders on any type of hair texture and slide through your hair without pulling, tugging or snagging. And its technology is the latest on the market.
The SRI Xtreme Health combines ceramic-coated plates, negative ion technology, custom temperature controls, and infrared heating to ensure you get the best results in the least amount of time. Our tests proved you can effortlessly straighten your hair in one pass only to get the glossy salon finish you deserve without having to worry about damaging your hair.
In fact, we were relieved to discover that you won’t to worry about breaking hair, split ends and frizz when using the SRI Xtreme Health . Taking control of your hairstyle and looking great regardless of your hair texture will increase your confidence, while allowing you to feel beautiful and maintain your healthy look in any situation.
Even better, the Skin Research Institute, the company behind the SRI Xtreme Health , is renowned and trusted by professionals. It also ships with a 60-day money-back guaranty and 10 years warranty on parts.
And if you act quickly, you can actually save money on the SRI Xtreme Health for a limited time when you sign up for their First Time Customer Special!
Our Final Verdict on the SRI Xtreme Health Straightener: Highly Recommended
- Ceramic-coated Plates that glide through your hair without pulling or tugging so you can achieve any look you want without the added hassle or pain of any kind.
- Advanced Ion Technology to neutralize electrostatics and leave your hair smooth and shiny so you can feel confident knowing that you will always present your most beautiful you, that you will stay in control of your look no matter what, and that you will face any situation with class.
- Infrared Light Heats from within, sealing in moisture and protecting hair instead of zapping it with direct external heat.
- Reaches max heat in 30 seconds or less, saving you time getting ready.
- Easy grip to allow faster & safer styling. Holding the SRI Xtreme Health in your hand will bring the feeling of luxury to your doorstep.
- Works on every type of hair, every day allowing you to straighten or curl your hair within minutes so you never have to worry about breaking hair, split ends or frizz.
- The Skin Research Institute is BBB approved and offers a 60-Day Money-Back Guarantee AND a 10-year warranty
- Only available online
- Could use a traveling bag for convenience
- Often on backorder
HAI GOLD Convertable, Premium Professional Flat Iron
UNIVERSAL TEMPERATURE CONTROL styles thick, natural, curly, fine and color-treated hair (250°F to 450°F)
This was another amazing tool from a lesser known brand that did great on most hair types. We really loved the power this tool packed and it was really effective at taming flyways and frizz and didn’t cause any dryness or static. Sometimes it did pull and by the end of straightening there was usually about 3 hairs stuck in the temperature dial which was kind of bulky and a little too close to the plates. Overall it worked well just snagged a lot.
- Fast heat up
- Really nice luxurious design that looked and felt great when using
- Upscale packaging
- Very nice customer service team
- Hairs snagged and were caught in the temperature dial
- Needed to be cleaned quite often due to all the extra strands being tugged out
- Hair lost some of the shine and luster due to the breakage
LumaBella Keratin Dual Touch Hair Straightener
The innovative ceramic plates are infused with keratin micro-conditioners that transfer to the hair during styling for a healthy shine.
This tool is so pretty to look at we absolutely loved the pearly rose color. The Keratin infused plates made our hair look gorgeous and shiny, but it took forever to heat up and wasn’t as effective on naturally curly or ethnic hair as the 1 and 2 choices. If you have super fine hair and don’t mind waiting a little bit this is a great choice.
- Super cute color and design
- Keratin infused plates made sure the health of hair was maintained
- 5 heat settings
- Took forever to heat up
- Low temperatures were harder to style on naturally curly hair or stubborn kinks
- No money back guarantee
VIBRASTRAIT PRO 1
High-quality tourmaline ceramic plates results in shiny, frizz-free hair
This product was surprisingly effective, it flattened hair, but not to the point where you lost volume. It was smooth and worked really well. However, the one drawback is that there is a very strange smell coming from the plates. I thought maybe it was burned hair smell, but my hair doesn’t smell but it happens even when I am not applying it to my hair. Also, we don’t expect it to last very long because it seems to be made of flimsier materials.
- Effectively straightened hair and got gorgeous shine
- Really nice customer service who was friendly to talk to
- Had vibrating plates
- Shipped late
- Emitted a strange burning smell
- Doesn’t seem like it will last too long
While the above list barely scrapes the surface of the numerous flat iron products available, hopefully it gives you a starting place in the process of buying your new glamorous tool.
You are moments away from acquiring the high-quality hair straightener that will not only generate the ageless glamour you see dazzling the pages in magazines, but you will also be taking a new step towards making sure you have a healthy head of hair for a good long time..