Forget good-hair days, it’s time for a GREAT-HAIR YEAR! Beauty experts rank the TOP THREE blow dryers for 2020!
Hairstylists beg their clients to BE KIND TO THEIR HAIR by using a modern hair dryer that’s powerful enough to leave their hair shiny and smooth, yet gentle enough to avoid long-term damage!
Most women use their blow dryer EVERY DAY. And depending on the quality of the hair dryer you purchase, you either compound damage or IMPROVE HAIR HEALTH with each use. In other words, a quality hair dryer is one of the MOST IMPORTANT tools in your hair care arsenal.
The good news is, hair dryers are no longer the moisture-robbing, frizz-making, follicle-frying machines of twenty years ago. Thanks to recent technological advancements, it is now possible to dry your hair GUILT-FREE and without driving your stylist mad at your next appointment.
There’s a LOT of information out there about how to keep your hair healthy and lustrous, but when it comes to blow dryers, hairstylists like myself recommend you look for FOUR KEY ELEMENTS to ensure your device is working for you, not against you.
1) Ionic Technology: Ionic dryers use negatively charged ions to efficiently break down and scatter water molecules on the hair shaft, CUTTING DRYING TIME IN HALF while still allowing the hair to RETAIN ITS NATURAL MOISTURE.
2) Red Light Therapy: Infrared light uses longer energy wavelengths to help stimulate hair growth and dry it evenly throughout, preventing the scalp from overheating or drying out. Healthy Scalp = Healthy Hair.
3) Ceramic and Tourmaline Grills: Cheap dryers use cheap metals in their air-outlet grills that overheat and damage hair. Grills that use Ceramic and/or Tourmaline (a semi-precious crystal) help provide a mild, more evenly distributed heat – leaving hair with a SMOOTH, GLOSSY FINISH.
4) Multiple Heat Settings and a Cool Shot Button: Different types of hair call for different levels of heat. So why choose a blow dryer with a “one heat setting fits all” approach that could leave your hair unnecessarily toasted? Various temperature settings mean you only use as much heat as you need. And a cool shot button seals the cuticle and locks in that PROFESSIONAL FINISHED LOOK.
Your hairstylist isn’t using a magic wand to make your hair look perfect, they’re using a QUALITY hair dryer. And if you want healthy hair with less frizz and more shine, you NEED a salon-grade blow dryer of your own.
Thankfully we’ve come to the rescue and tested hundreds of blow dryers ranging in function and price so you don’t have to! And our TOP PICK can be found for less than $150 -— and includes all four of the recommended features listed above. Scroll down below to see which top brand took home our top prize!
SRI Salon Dry Pro
Developed with safe and effective Negative Ion Technology, its Ceramic-Tourmaline Air Composition and Cool Shot Setting will give you shine and can help improve hair health.
Our number # 1 Top Pick: SRI Salon Dry Pro
The SRI Salon Dry Pro blow dryer achieves the perfect balance of affordability and professional-quality. Both expert stylists and amateurs loved how the red light therapy, in combination with the ionic technology, dried wet hair quickly and left hair frizz-free, looking shiny.
The advanced infrared heating and ceramic air outlet also kept this blow dryer’s air flow super gentle and more consistent – it practically styles your hair for you while you dry it.
The SRI Salon Dry Pro did the job of a $300 device for a third of the price. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you can sign up for their First Time Customer Discount and get it at an even lower rate.
We definitely recommend it.
- Wide range of temperature settings achieved stunning styles for numerous hair types
- Cool shot setting sealed the cuticle for a glossy smooth finish
- Ceramic-tourmaline air outlet evenly distributed heat leaving hair healthier than ever before
- 9ft cord made it easy-to-maneuver and the convenient hook was great for storage in small quarters
- Has three attachments that made styling for specific textures easier than any other product we tried
- Only available online
- Frequently on backorder
Our #2 Pick: Dyson Supersonic
The Supersonic Dyson Hair Dryer has a super-quiet motor that’s located in the handle instead of the head, giving it a more lightweight feel, and its patented Air Multiplier technology. It also measures the air temperature 20 times every second.
If you’ve never heard of the Dyson Supersonic, you must be blow-drying your hair under a rock. It’s basically the Beats Headphones, Voss Water, and Louis Vuitton of the blow-dryer industry. Very cool to look at, hold in your hand, and show your status in the bathroom. But how does that status translate out the streets for your red carpet Friday night?
The Dyson Supersonic hair dryer is hands down one of the BEST there is on the market. The problem is it’s also hands down one of the MOST expensive on the market too. Sometimes splurging for brand names and cool aesthetics… is cool. Especially when you consider the intelligent heat technology from the head of the dryer and the powerful digital motor in its colorful handle.
However, it does carry a ‘novelty’ feel to it that makes you question whether it’s worth the price tag. Without infrared technology, it doesn’t appear noticeably faster at drying hair. Also, its air intake is in the handle, which forces you to hold it higher up and strain your arms.
- Sleeve, aerodynamic design comes in lots of stylish, fun colors
- Engineered to protect your hair against heat damage for smooth, shiny styling
- Intelligent heat technology available at most luxury stores like Nordstroms, Sephora, Ulta
- PRICEY. On average, this product is at least $100-$150 MORE expensive than its competition
- Air intake through the handle means tired arms and fatigue when you’re trying to get that perfect finish
- No infrared technology means speed may not be noticeably quicker than its competition
Our #3 Pick: Harry Josh Pro Tools
The motor is designed for faster operation so that hair is dried faster with lower noise levels from the dryer and made in France
Another extremely lightweight design that comes in a very pretty and unique mint green color. We noticed a lot of customer reviews praised it’s speed and efficiency that saved them time, but many were unable to figure out the heat settings.
The Harry Josh Pro Dry is one of the more expensive products since it comes from a professional brand used by supermodels and actors. The high price point was off putting, especially when you will receive very similar results with products like the SRI Dry Pro at half the price.
It was also hard to discern which was a real Harry Josh product as there are many duplicates and imitation products flooding the market.
- Lightweight design comes in a very popular mint green color
- Multiple speed and heat settings for wide range of hair types and styles
- Customer reviews praised it’s speed and efficiency that saved them time
- The motor seemed to stop running after a mere three months of use
- The high price point, especially when other sites were selling very similar products for half the price
- It was hard to discern which was a real Harry Josh product there are many duplicates and imitation products flooding the market.