LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT… AND HEALTHY! Finally, A Flat Iron That Gets That Silky Smooth Style Without All the Damage
A professional hairstylist’s guide to the Best Flat Irons for at-home styling
Looking to upgrade your old, ‘so last decade’ straightener to a brand new one with the most advanced features of 2020? Want something that can get you that salon-sleek hair from the comfort of your own home? And what about something that tames frizz without leaving your hair dry and brittle with split ends that look like a pitchfork?
When it comes to using a flat iron, every woman knows the predicament: we love that silky straight style, but hate damaging our delicate locks!
As a professional hairstylist for over 10 years, I’ve helped hundreds of clients recover from the WORST cases of hair damage– we’re talking fried, over processed, frizz-ridden hair hanging on for dear life.
And here’s the good news you need to know– Whether you are glamming up for a Facetime call, a fancy party (post COVID-19), or just quickly freshening up on your way out the door to work, straightening your hair does NOT have to result in damaged hair! You just need a professional quality flat iron that achieves the salon-chic results you want at home, without overexposing your hair to heat.
The problem is, many expensive flat irons are advertised as “high quality” but are actually made of cheap plates that burn your hair and leave you with more of the very frizz you were trying to tame… so it’s important to find a brand you can trust.
The latest generation of 2020 professional salon hair straighteners save you time and preserve the health of your hair with high-quality plates made of materials like tourmaline and ceramic that naturally reduce frizz and static with their ionic properties. These tools heat up quickly and give you that silky straight hair in a single pass to avoid unnecessary heat damage.
As the age-old saying goes, “It’s what’s on the inside that counts.” And this holds true for your hair too!
Deep inside each strand is the cortex, which is responsible for hair’s strength and texture. So it’s important you protect it at all costs… and a low quality straightener is definitely not up to the task.
With modern technology like red light therapy, it is possible to find a flat iron that doesn’t just protect the cortex of your hair, but actually strengthens it as well.
My highly-trained team of BEAUTY EXPERTS and I researched, dissected, tested, and compared hundreds of straighteners to determine which features we love and actually make a difference. We then went out into the market and handpicked the crème de la crème so you don’t have to.
From ceramic-coated titanium plates to the recent innovation of an infrared light strip, there are several high-quality straighteners on the market using modern innovation to help give your hair that strong, shiny, salon-chic look you’ve always dreamed of without costing you a fortune.
7 MUST-HAVE FEATURES in THE BEST Hair Straighteners
- Infrared Heating Technology – One of the most exciting recent developments in hair straightening technology is infrared heating, which gently heats hair from within rather than without. This ensures that hair retains its moisture and a healthy shine, without heat damage, frizz, or split ends.
- Fast Warm-Up and Adjustable Heat Settings – A straightener really shouldn’t take more than 45 seconds to heat up, and you should be able to get silky smooth swaths of hair with just one pass. It’s also just as important to have a flat iron with a range of temperature options–from lower temperature settings for fine or damaged hair all the way up to high heat for thick or curly hair.
- Ceramic Plate Composition – High-quality plates made of ceramic eliminate the risk of burning your strands. The even distribution of heat these high-end materials provide has proven to smooth those stubborn spots and ensure you won’t need to go over the same section of hair more than once to achieve that salon look. However, full ceramic plates often take forever to heat up, meaning ceramic-coated plates strike an ideal balance that provides the best of both worlds.
- Negative Ion Technology – Negative ions neutralize static and allow more moisture to be retained within your cuticles. This helps reduce unwanted frizz and split ends, giving your style better hold.
- Lightweight and Easy to Use – Lightweight irons travel better and don’t leave your arms tired or worn— your morning beauty routine should never feel like a visit to the gym.
- Value – Rather than dishing out a hefty chunk of cash on a flat iron with a cringe-worthy price tag, look for a straightener that uses current technological advancements to do the same amazing job at a fraction of the price. (In fact, most of our top picks fall near the $100 mark, so you don’t have to feel guilty about taking the plunge on a professional-quality straightener!)
- Durability and Warranty – The last thing you want is to fall in love with an amazing straightener only to have it break in 3 months, leaving you with nothing but a futuristic-looking paperweight. When choosing a flat iron, make sure the company offers extensive warranties, uses sturdy materials with a durable design, AND offers a money back guarantee.
So ladies, end the vicious cycle of hair damage that old straighteners cause and upgrade to that salon-quality professional straightener your naturally beautiful hair deserves!
To simplify your shopping process, we’ve compiled a list of our new favorite professional flat irons on the market that meet all of our standards listed above. These straighteners will get you the BEST RESULTS and do the LEAST DAMAGE to your hair… AND wallet!