Dyson, Harry Josh, DryQ: Which Hair Dryer Works Best for Frizz-Free Styling?
Discover the best hair dryers on the market for a frizz-free, salon-quality blowout while protecting your hair from heat damage and breakage.
When you’re shopping for a new hair dryer, you’re looking for a product that solves an issue you encounter when you style your hair. That said, if frizz is one of your top concerns, you’re not alone…
Frizz is one of the most common issues people run into when they style their hair — especially when a hair dryer is involved. How annoying it is when you spend hours in the mirror blow-drying your hair, but all you see is frizz and static?!
Frizz happens for several reasons, and it all comes down to the health of your hair cuticles. Your hair cuticle normally lays flat and smooth, but certain hair conditions like excess heat, friction, and color rough the cuticle up, leaving it open and prone to more damage.
Honestly, some hair dryers do more damage than good. Back in the day, they might have had a different design, but the features were basically the same.
Thankfully, hair dryers have come a long way…
They’ve changed quite drastically, but don’t worry, we’ll help you find the best hair dryer to make frizz a thing of the past.
What To Look For In a Frizz-Reducing Hair Dryer
After testing and reviewing multiple hair dryers, we found the top FOUR FEATURES needed to help keep your hair frizz-free, full of body, shine, and luster.
- Red Light Therapy – Hair dryers with red light therapy can help stimulate follicles for hair growth while drying your hair much faster. Red light therapy helps improve scalp health for thicker, healthier hair. It heats hair strands from the inside out, keeping hair cuticles smooth in the process.
- Ionic Technology – Hair dryers with ionic technology provide a blast of negative ions that support a smooth, frizz-free finish. This helps cut down drying time and locks in your hair’s natural moisture.
- Ceramic and/or Tourmaline Air Outlet – Most conventional hair dryers use convection heat — the same type of nichrome wire your toaster uses! On the other hand, hair dryers with a ceramic and tourmaline barrel provide gentle heat that’s evenly distributed for a gorgeous, shiny finish.
- Smart Technology – Most of the latest hair dryers on the market have intelligent heat control to help protect your hair from damage.
We wanted to make things easier for you, so we reviewed the top three hair dryers on the market. Our TOP PICK is the full package!
It has everything you need to help reduce frizz and maintain beautiful hair every day — at a better price than the others too!
Let’s see how these top-rated hair dryers measured up when we put them all to the test.
The SRI DryQ
The DryQ takes the top spot with red light technology, ionic technology, and intelligent heat control to help protect your hair from heat damage and reduce frizz at the same time. We love this hair dryer because it gives you top-notch tech features at a reasonable price!
Our number # 1 Top Pick: SRI DryQ
If you’re looking for a frizz-reducing hair dryer and want the best pick out there, then we recommend SRI DryQ. The SRI DryQ packs a lot of power behind its features, but the price point is just enough to win us over since it’s a bit more affordable than the Dyson.
The SRI DryQ has all of the frizz-busting features we mentioned above — red light therapy, ionic technology, a ceramic and tourmaline barrel, and much more.
It automatically regulates the air temperature so you don’t expose your hair to excess heat — making heat damage a thing of the past! This smart hair dryer also has a powerful motor that helps dry your hair faster than the average dryer with four heat settings and a cool shot button to set your finished style.
The Skin Research Institute is having a Fall Sale with the BIGGEST discount they’ve ever offered on the DryQ! Click Here to learn more!
- Intelligent Heat Control Dries Hair 3x Faster with Powerful Wind Speeds
- Four different heat modes for versatile styling needs
- Folds for easy storage and travel needs
- Lightweight; only 11.8 ounces
- Powerful motor dries hair 3x faster
- Quiet, with only 79 sound decibels
- Risk-free purchasing; 1-year-warranty, 60-day money-back guarantee
- Cool shot button to set style
- Three Magnetic attachments
- Only available online
- Sells out fast; frequently on backorder
Our #2 Pick: Dyson Supersonic
One of the top-selling hair dryers on the market, the Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer has a quiet motor, four heat settings, patented Air Multiplier technology, and ionic technology.
Everyone knows Dyson, but what makes this hair dryer so desirable? Is it a status symbol or does it give a certain type of frizz-free style other hair dryers can’t achieve? We had high hopes for the Dyson, but if we’re being completely honest, we were a little disappointed it didn’t have red light technology — especially with the steep price tag!
Aside from this, it wasn’t as comfortable to use. The DryQ was much lighter than the Dyson Supersonic. We were also very impressed with the SRI DryQ’s physical size and ergonomic design. Overall, when it comes to frizz, the Dyson didn’t live up to our expectations.
- Sleek, aerodynamic, modern design
- Protects your hair from heat damage
- Comes with five magnetic styling attachments
- Expensive compared to similar hair dryers (with less features)
- At 1.8 pounds, it’s still a little heavier than some of the latest smart dryers released
- No hair-strengthening, red light technology
- Many complain the Dyson stops working after a short time
- Not very effective for minimizing frizz
- Extremely high restock price if returned
Our #3 Pick: Harry Josh Pro Tools
The Harry Josh Pro Dryer features an ergonomic design from France, a filtration system for reduced energy consumption, and a motor that lasts for up to 2,000 hours.
The Harry Josh Pro Dryer 2000 is hard to miss with its beautiful mint green hue. This dryer comes equipped with ionic technology and eight heat settings to help you achieve the style you want with less drying time.
Overall, we liked the Harry Josh Pro Dryer 2000, but we were left with a lackluster feeling after we used it. We still had some noticeable frizz and didn’t get the body and shine we got with the SRI DryQ.
We think a BIG part of this comes down to the addition of red light technology, which the Harry Josh Pro Dryer 2000 doesn’t have.
- Beautiful design and mint green color
- Ionic technology
- Filtration system for reduce energy consumption
- Dryer doesn’t have red light therapy
- Heavy compared to other high-end dryers on the market
- Lots of fake imitation products online
- Some people received units with European plugs
- No “smart” features