The Best Flat Irons For All Hair Types
—NO FRIZZ, NO KINKS, NO DAMAGE—
Just Healthy, Silky Hair
The top hairstylist-approved straighteners for 2022 that won’t tug roots, snag ends, break your hair… or the bank!
Love-hate relationships are a tricky subject. Take my ex-flat iron for example. On one hand, I loved the sleek straight locks it left me with. But on the other hand, I absolutely hated the way all that direct heat was frying and damaging my sensitive cuticles—often leaving me with the very frizz I was trying to tame. Grrrr!
So as a licensed cosmetologist for over 10 years, this got me wondering—“Could there be a BETTER FLAT IRON out there, one that knows the way to my heart without hurting my hair in the process?!”
And as luck (and hours of research) would have it, there is!
Having had so many cheap straighteners fall apart on me in the past, I decided it was time to look into higher quality straighteners. And I learned something I wish someone had told me years ago: Straightening your hair does NOT have to result in damaged hair! You just need to know what to look for in a flat iron and find a brand that you can trust.
But be careful—many expensive flat irons are advertised as “high quality” but are actually made of cheap materials that lead to frizz, split ends, and a dull shine.
As the age-old saying goes, “It’s what’s on the inside that counts.” And, as I’ve learned the hard way, this is true for your hair too!
You see, deep inside each strand is the cortex, which is responsible for hair’s strength and texture. So it’s important you protect it at all costs—and a cheap straightener is definitely not up to the task.
Thankfully, with modern technology, it is possible to find a flat iron that doesn’t just protect the cortex of your hair, but actually strengthens it as well (and at a price EVERDAY PEOPLE CAN ACTUALLY AFFORD).
My highly-trained team of BEAUTY EXPERTS and I researched, dissected, and tested hundreds of straighteners to determine the most essential elements of each. We then went out into the market and handpicked the crème de la crème so you don’t have to.
From CERAMIC-COATED TITANIUM PLATES to IONIC TECHNOLOGY to the recent innovation of RED LIGHT THERAPY, there are several high-quality straighteners on the market using modern innovation to help give your hair that strong, shiny, salon-chic look like you’ve always dreamed of without costing you a fortune.
So, ladies, why keep putting yourself through the emotional rollercoaster that is the love-hate relationship you have with your current flat iron when your prince in shining armor (and hair!) is just around the corner?
The name of the game is HEALTHY HAIR. And healthy hair starts with using products you can actually trust! So before committing to your next flat iron, make sure you look for the SEVEN FLAT IRON ESSENTIALS we uncovered in our research and have conveniently listed below.
What to Look for in a GREAT Hair Straightener
The Seven Flat Iron Essentials:
- Infrared Heating Technology – One of the most exciting recent developments in hair straightening technology is infrared heating, which gently heats hair from within rather than without. This helps ensure that hair retains its moisture and a healthy shine, without heat damage, frizz, or split ends.
- Fast Warm-Up and Adjustable Heat Settings – A straightener really shouldn’t take more than 45 seconds to heat up, and you should be able to get silky smooth swaths of hair with just one pass. It’s also just as important to have a flat iron with a range of temperature options–from lower temperature settings for fine or damaged hair all the way up to high heat for thick or curly hair.
- Ceramic Plate Composition – High-quality plates made of ceramic help eliminate the risk of burning your strands. The even distribution of heat these high-end materials provide help smooth those stubborn spots, so you won’t need to go over the same section of hair more than once to achieve that salon look. However, full ceramic plates often take forever to heat up, meaning ceramic-coated plates strike an ideal balance that provides the best of both worlds.
- Negative Ion Technology – Negative ions help neutralize static and allow more moisture to be retained within your cuticles. This helps reduce unwanted frizz and split ends, giving your style better hold.
- Lightweight and Easy to Use – Lightweight irons travel better and don’t leave your arms tired or worn—your morning beauty routine should never feel like a visit to the gym.
- Value – Rather than dishing out a hefty chunk of cash on a flat iron with a cringe-worthy price tag, look for a straightener that uses current technological advancements to help do the same amazing job at a fraction of the price.
- Durability and Warranty – The last thing you want is to fall in love with an amazing straightener only to have it break in 3 months, leaving you with nothing but a futuristic-looking paperweight. When choosing a flat iron, make sure the company offers extensive warranties, uses sturdy materials with a durable design, AND offers a money back guarantee.
To simplify your shopping process, we’ve compiled a list of the best new hair straighteners on the market that meet all of our standards listed above. So whether you’re straightening your hair after blow drying for a night out on the town or just freshening up quickly on your way out the door to work, these flat irons will help get you the BEST RESULTS with the LEAST DAMAGE to your hair… AND wallet!