Protect and Restore Your Most Vulnerable Layer of Skin: Best Eye Creams of 2018
Don’t Shut The Lid On Bright, Youthful Eyes Just Yet
When it comes to skin care, the saying “youth is wasted on the young” hits a little too close to home. After all, monitoring the deep destruction of skin cells beneath the surface isn’t high on the priority list during our carefree 20s, especially when every glance at a mirror reflects the picture of youth beaming back at you. However, eventually the years of soaking up UV rays or crinkling your face in laughter do take a toll.
The most noticeable victim of a careless skin routine AND the number one indicator of aging is the delicate skin beneath and around your eyes. Home to the thinnest layer on your body, this fragile region takes the brunt of free radical damage (sunlight, pollution, etc.). Even those forward thinkers who have always been committed to a strict protection regime will eventually show the unavoidable years of wear and tear we subject our skin cells to. However, as the years pass by, our skin isn’t the only thing advancing.
Breakthroughs in dermatology science have given hope to those who thought they would be stuck staring at wrinkles and puffy under-eye bags forever. Numerous studies have discovered reactivating nutrients specifically targeted to replenish damaged and malnourished cells. When used correctly, these nutrients have the power to fill in lines, tighten and lift saggy under-eye bags and inject vital nourishment at the cellular level. So if you’re one of those hopeful shoppers looking for the real science-backed and PROVEN products, look no further. Below we’ve compiled a thorough summary of dermatology research explaining which nutrients to look for and why.
We’ve also listed four recommended eye creams that contain the highest-quality formula composed of these anti-aging nutrients backed by science.
Updates on Dermatology Studies: Super Power Skin Nutrients
Hyaluronic Acid: This is a moisture-retaining ingredient naturally produced by your body that drenches your cells in hydration. It is commonly found in the joints and eye balls since it is designed to lubricate. When we are freshly hatched babies, we have this nutrient in abundance, but as we grow older and experience sunburns, the top layer of our skin dries out and the ability to produce this vital ingredient slowly diminishes. Blogs often preach the importance of drinking water to help maintain youthful skin and while drinking water is important, if you want to douse your skin with penetrating moisture that plumps and smooths lines caused by dehydration, hyaluronic acid is your best bet.
Peptides: The building blocks of your skin lie in these amino acids responsible for firmness and promoting growth of the essential protein, collagen. Collagen is extremely important as it is a structural protein found in skin and other connective tissue. By producing fresh collagen you are essentially producing the foundation for new skin tissue. Collagen production significantly slows down by the time you reach your mid 30s, however research shows that by smoothing peptides over wrinkles you can stimulate skin growth and repair.
Antioxidants: The term “free radicals” is often thrown about especially in the anti-aging skin care world without explaining what these unstable molecules actually do. Free radicals are both produced externally and internally. The internal production occurs during exercise and when your body converts food into energy. Your skin is exposed to external free radical sources in the forms of air pollution, cigarette smoke and sunlight. Free radicals are extremely unstable molecules that cause oxidative stress which is a fancy way of saying cell damage and destruction. Antioxidants combat these free radicals by interchanging electrons to ensure that the molecules stabilize and restore cellular damage.
Recommended Products (Limited Edition)
The below list contains products that have flown under-the-radar sold to an exclusive customer base but have insanely effective results… not to mention better satisfaction ratings than Botox or laser treatments. These are shared amongst beautician experts in charge of keeping fresh camera ready faces on the Hollywood elite, fashion stars, and other public figures who rely on their appearance as part of their job.
We have discovered in our research that many of those trending miracle products – supposedly “endorsed” by pseudo celebrities – are manufactured by brands who pay more attention to marketing than to customer happiness.
These are the behind-the-scenes products used by skin experts and beauty professionals.
These are NOT circulating alongside the nearest fad product you might see on TV.
The products are chosen based on ingredient list, reviews, and word-of-mouth via numerous beauty professionals and experts in the cosmetic industry.
Skin Research Institute – Cryotin
Cryotin is specially formulated for use on the skin around your eyes.
The number one pick for our top rated eye cream goes to Cryotin – large in part because of the overwhelming results our staff experienced thanks to its main and extremely rare ingredient, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract. This super nutrient is actually a strain of bacteria only found in Antarctica that not only promotes collagen and elasticity but has been proven to force your skin into retaining moisture. We weren’t even aware of the insane effects of The Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract but based on our experiences, this bacteria strain retained moisture better than Hyaluronic Acid and is currently still in clinical examination. Since it is in test phase Cryotin is hard to get a hold of and frequently on backorder, but completely worth the wait once you receive it. Each dime-sized dollop of Cryotin soaks the area around your eyes with hydration immediately plumping and smoothing lines while simultaneously flooding your cells with water and life. You can almost feel the exotic strain penetrating through the top layer all the way down to the cellular level – rejuvenating dried up cells and essentially bringing them back to life. This renegade game changer hit every check mark on our criteria and blew our minds with its effectiveness after using for just 24 hours. and with continued use our skin improved even more. Plus the additional line up of antioxidants and peptides this ingredients list is the most potent and effective we have ever used, cementing Cryotin in our number one slot.
- Loaded with the extremely rare and potent bacteria strain Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract that brought vibrant dewey life back to dull skin.
- Works on all skin types since the bacteria strain itself is not oil-based and doesn’t clog pores – just penetrates past the top layer to the cellular level.
- Comes in a sturdy dispenser that is easy to travel with and doesn’t take up too much space
- Risk Free Money Back Guarantee ensures customer satisfaction whether or not they love the product – absolutely no questions asked refund keeps everyone happy
- Only need a small dime-sized amount per application – a little goes a lot!
- Excellent choice for those trying to tighten and hydrate skin around the eyes for a bright-eyed look
- Often on backorder due to importing requirements from Antartica
- Only available online
- Can only be ordered through the seller’s website here.
Neocutis Mirco Eyes Rejuvenation
Helps Minimize The Appearance Of Fine Lines And Wrinkles, Enhances Suppleness And Elasticity, Helps To Improve The Overall Feel Of Skin Firmness
- Uses advanced mixture of caffeine and hydrating hyaluronic acid to reduce puffiness and saggy skin around the eyes
- Especially effective for oily skin
- Customers noticed positive results after 30 days of use
- The pump on the bottle broke easily and customers were upset about the high price product packaged in such a low-quality container
- One bottle only lasted about 30 days
- When the cream reached low levels it often dried about before customers could use it
Obagi ELASTIderm Eye Cream
Formulated with unique bi-mineral complex and malonic acid for smoother, firmer looking skin around the eyes.
- Great for dry, rough skin
- Customers experienced a tingle upon application
- Some shoppers noticed smooth under-eye bags and less puffiness on the eyelids
- Many reviewers complained about a burning sensation long after the product dried
- Can’t be used with make up since this particular product clumps easily
- Formula change a few years back might have resulted in a less effective product for a greater price
NeoCutis Lumiere Bio-restorative Eye Cream
Moisturizing and rejuvenating cream, alleviates under eye darkness and reduces puffiness
- Works to reduce the appearance of dark circles and puffiness with caffeine, bisabolol and sodium hyaluronate, in combination with the effective complex, PSP
- Fragrance- and colorant-free
- Works well with oil-free make up
- Causes breakouts for those with larger pores
- Can’t be used with make up since this particular product clumps easily
- Small quantity of product in the bottle, only lasted about a week for several unhappy customers
- The spout seemed to break easily for many reviewers even when stored in secure places