#2 RATED DIGESTIVE ENZYME OF 2018: ZENWISE Digestive Enzyme
The popular digestive enzyme supplements manufactured by Zenwise was a customer favorite due to the large amount of all-natural nutrients that were added to the formula. We liked their addition of familiar fruits and herbs such as: green apple, turmeric, peppermint and ginger. However, there were so many of these extra nutrients we saw that they actually impeded digestive improvement and the actual enzyme combination was not as powerful as we expected.
Zenwise is composed of a steadfast group of nutritionists determined to enhance the lives of their shoppers by producing all-natural supplements. The consistent production of fresh organic products makes this brand a go-to for vegans, lactose intolerant sufferers and those with a gluten allergy.
- Allergen-friendly product, except for select cases
- Helpful and very knowledgeable customer service team
- The additional prebiotics and probiotics promote a healthy environment for beneficial flora
- Only ships to the United States
- Had one of the weaker combinations of enzymes that we’ve seen in our research
- The small amount of Peppermint added in this product caused irritation in select cases
Ingredients and Effectiveness
Zenwise had an interesting ratio of enzymes vs. regular nutrients that we aren’t completely sold on. Included in their label was something called, “Advanced Enzyme System”. After further inspection was a mixture of amylase, glucoamylase, lipase, protease, invertase and some others. They also had something called a “Sea Vegetable Complex that seemed a little vague. We looked a bit closer and saw that it was a blend of three marine plants: bladderwrack, nori, and wakame. While these are all intended to increase metabolism and energy levels, there aren’t any scientific studies that truly back that theory up and it seemed as if the nutritionists at Zenwise were throwing together unnecessary ingredients that actually take away from the real difference-makers, the enzymes.
Zenwise was loaded with high-quality nutrients but we also found two fillers that have no nutritional value. The presence of Magnesium Stearate, Silicone Dioxide was disappointing to see, since these two additives are essentially fake sugar and can cause unwanted side effects.
There was no mention of a money-back guarantee on the bottle, however their website indicated that they would offer a refund if the purchaser emails customer service. This ambiguous way of hiding the risk-free guarantee made it seem as if the seller wasn’t confident in their product.
Ultimately, Zenwise was extremely popular and earned our second place slot. It had an impressive list of all-natural ingredients including some we hadn’t seen before such as the Sea Vegetable Complex. However, not all new things are good and we didn’t see the same results from this plant-filled product as we did with our number one choice ACTZYM.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON THIS PRODUCT
* While ACTZYM proved to be the best digestive enzyme supplement available, we are always open to hearing your personal experiences and product reviews. If you have a success story you would like to share please send an email to our team at: email@example.com and who knows, you might be featured on our website!